This thoroughly practical book discusses ways in which the process approach that has revolutionized teaching writing may be applied effectively in the teaching of reading. The integration of reading and writing instruction has been proved to be a valuable instructional approach, and this book not only outlines basic research, but offers sensible applications for the classroom teacher.
PART ONE: THEORETICAL BACKGROUND
2. Language, Learning and Literacy
3. The Reading-Writing Process
PART TWO:THEORY INTO PRACTICE I
4. Classroom Practice-How?
PART THREE: THEORY INTO PRACTICE II
5. Immersing Children in Print
6. Involving children in Writing
7. Reading and Writing: helping children to make the links
Label companion resources
Label support materials
Label product support
No sales resources available for this title