Firsthand Professional Support: Phonics and Word Study Lessons
Phonics and Word Study Lessons
Fountas and Pinnell's firsthand publications Phonics Lessons and Word Study Lessons reflect the most current research on child and language development, and support the kind of instruction that emerging readers need. In this seminar, teachers will begin with an instructional and theoretical overview of these powerful resources and move toward understanding and developing a continuum of learning about letters, sounds, and words. They will discover activities designed to help them plan and implement effective lessons for teaching phonics, spelling, and vocabulary, as well as the important role poetry and literature plays in supporting children's development of letter and word knowledge.
- Learn the role of assessment in teaching with Phonics Lessons and Word Study Lessons
- Gain knowledge of how the lessons are taught, and actively participate in demonstration lessons
- Gain understanding of, and guidance in, the importance of working with their colleagues to implement Phonics Lessons in their school
- Explore ideas and suggestions for organization of materials needed in the implementation of the Phonics Lessons.
For pricing information on firsthand support, please call 800.541.2086, ext. 1402.
- Fountas & Pinnell PD Services
- On-Site Programs
- Online Programs
- Off-Site Programs
- Custom PD
- Contact Heinemann PD
Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Be sure to read our latest issue of Heinemann's Professional Development Catalog-Journal. Our Spring 2013 issue explores how we can embrace the new emphasis on Common Core informational text without diminishing children's curiosity and appetite for knowledge, and the overarching importance of sticking with the foundations of best instructional practices.
Download and share provocative articles and resources presented by leading thinkers in our field here ».