We do the work. You get the results.
Heinemann Custom Institutes are designed to meet any professional development need of your entire district or system. Your training goals are matched with acclaimed authors and educational consultants who visit your location to work with 50 to 250 or more of your staff and colleagues with an in-depth investigation of your topic of study. All related logistics—venue, instructional resources, hand-outs, conference equipment, catering, presenter contracts and travel arrangements—are managed by Heinemann. Your time and attention is freed up to focus on framing your professional learning objectives and attracting and communicating with attendees about a truly transformative event.
- Nationally acclaimed authors and experts who are preeminent in their fields
- Endless possibilities for topic areas
- Delivered personally to your school district to fit your schedule and objectives
Design your own topic of study
Instructional content is as broad as Heinemann's extensive span of expertise. Our authors and experts will work with you to precisely match instruction to your specific needs.
Examples of study areas being presented now.
- Connecting Literacy Assessment to Instruction
- Addressing the Common Core Standards
- with Instructional Best Practices
- Essentials of the Reading and Writing Workshop
- Differentiating Instruction
- Teaching for Deeper Engagement and Understanding
- Comprehension Strategies
- Content-Area Literacy
- Teaching Math and Science Proficiency
- Strategies for Struggling Readers and English Language Learners
- Literacy in the 21st Century
- Closing the Reading Achievement Gap for Middle and High School Students
Invite any of Heinemann's acclaimed PD authors to your location, plus Fountas and Pinnell-trained consultants and topic-area trained coaches.
For more information
Call: 1-800-541-2086 Ext. 1151
"I wanted you to know how well the institute went and what an awesome job [you] did in meeting our every need. The entire three days -soup to nuts-was exquisitely planned and executed. The hotel was terrific, the food was fabulous, the registration process was flawless and all because of your preparation and thoughtful execution of every task. Our teachers and coaches felt like royalty and, as a result, were able to focus clearly on the presentation that Dr. Beers and Dr. Probst shared with us. They were truly awesome, too, which I know is a concensus from all who have the opportunity to hear them speak."
Supervisor, Middle and Secondary Reading
Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Fountas & Pinnell PD Services
- On-Site Programs
- Online Programs
- Off-Site Programs
- Custom PD
- Contact Heinemann PD
Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Be sure to read our latest issue of Heinemann's Professional Development Catalog-Journal. Our Spring 2013 issue explores how we can embrace the new emphasis on Common Core informational text without diminishing children's curiosity and appetite for knowledge, and the overarching importance of sticking with the foundations of best instructional practices.
Download and share provocative articles and resources presented by leading thinkers in our field here ».